Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ready for the artic blast


Got the Barr Mitts on the Surly Karate Monkey this morning for the commute to work. Wow, they work great. I was able to wear my Pearl Izumi softshell gloves and was toasty warm. In temps below zero I usually get cold fingers even with the lobster claw gloves. That wasn't the case this morning. I was also surprised at the ease of getting in and out of the Barr Mitts. Definitely a good investment if you plan on riding in below freezing temps.

So now I feel I have the ideal winter bike setup. Studded tires keep me upright, Barr Mitts keep my hands warm, Lake winter boots do a relatively good job at keeping my feet and toes warm, and the Karate Monkey setup single speed keeps me moving without many mechanical issues to worry about. Now all in need is B.O.B. trailer with an Easy Bake Oven for some fresh warm pastries and I will reach "winter bicycle self actualization".

7 comments:

swanson said...

Ill keep my eye out for an easy bake oven

jono said...

Mmmmmmmm yummy self-actualization.

Coach said...

Nirvana

Coach said...

Oh wait, if the easy bake could make Pizza...then it would be Nirvana...maybe...

Anonymous said...

What studded tires are you running? Nokain Extremes?

Cornbread said...

I'm rockin' the Nokian Gazza Extremes 29er stylee. They work really, really well.

paxtoncoyote said...

MMMMM! Pasties! Oh wait, you said PASTRIES...mmmmm!