Saturday, December 11, 2010

Unplanned weekend off

Well, my quest for 12,000 is put on hold due to a nasty head cold I managed to get this past weekend. I haven't been on a bike since last Thursday and I must admit I'm going stir crazy. Hopefully be back on the bike soon.

So since I couldn't ride this weekend I worked on several bikes that were in need of some lovin'. Wrenchin' on bikes can be fun, but I prefer to ride bikes. If I hit the lottery or strike it rich some day I'm hiring CVO as my mechanic. Yeah buddy!

I spent several hours on three bikes. I always over estimate my efficiency while wrenching. Something that I think will take me an hour might take four. The more I do the more I find to do. Kinda reminds me of a saying that I heard in the medical field, "You can't shine shit. The more you rub the more it falls apart."

Indy Fab will be completely broken down and built back up

Long Haul Trucker with new rubber in back. All cleaned up and ready to go for winter commuter duty.

The Roger might live again...I can ride with a slightly cracked chain stay on gravel, right?

7 comments:

Brent "Butch" Johnson said...

Just fill in the chain-stay with some superglue.

Brent "Butch" Johnson said...

I'm good at shinning up turds.

XO1 said...

Thats why why they invented duct tape!

Bruce

jamesb said...

the stomach bug took me down this weekend. Just got the itch to fix up the winter commuter myself, must be in the air...rode it today and felt like a fool on my Nokian Extremes! ha. Back to the cross bike tomorrow...

kdoggett said...

If you haven't already, you might consider sinus rinsing for the head cold. I know it sounds extreme and unpleasant, but it's really not that bad and has made a world of difference for me. In my case, it keeps normal allergy congestion from advancing into something worse. You can get a NeilMed kit at Walgreens or CVS for abt $12.
http://www.neilmed.com/usa/adword_sr.php?gclid=CK_xr8Ln76UCFYpN2godpwcllg.
Take care and I hope you get well soon and top 12k.

Cornbread said...

Duct tape can fix anything!

James, hopefully we'll run into each other again on the after work gravel rides.

Kevin, thanks for the advice and the link. You're the third person who's told me about those. I'll hafta pick one up and try it out.

cvo said...

id never let that kid work on my crap.