Saturday, August 07, 2010

Laramie Enduro, you complete me.

Last Saturday I had the privilege to participate in the Laramie Enduro. This was my fourth time racing there and each year it has been a blast. It almost wasn't to be because I missed the boat on the online registration (filled up in less than 10 minutes!). Luckily I got a spot on the waiting list and was eventually offered a spot. There's a reason this race keeps getting more and more popular!

Linin' up and being warned about a hawk that has been attacking riders on the course - yikes!

First singletrack of the day after the log jam at the start

Stringing out on the gravel

Evan, former Midwesterner and current Laramie resident, up front and having fun

Tacky singletrack goodness

Beautiful two track goodness

Thank you volunteers!

The volunteers at the Aid Stations were fantastic! They'd grab your bottles as you rolled up and asked what you needed. I had fresh bottles and a mouthful of food in less than thirty seconds. The volunteers make this race great.

Climbing through the sage

This one was a hike a bike for me

Almost done!

Post race wash up

Rehydration station courtesy of New Belgium

I'm super stoked on this event. It's a top notch mountain bike race with plenty of flowing singletrack, challenging climbs and descents, technical rocky sections, and outstanding aid stations manned by friendly volunteers. Even though I had a tough day on the bike I still crossed the finish line with a smile on my face. If you haven't raced the Laramie Enduro yet, put it on your list for next year. I'll be at my computer and ready the minute registration opens for next year!

No comments: