Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday!

Break time on MMR near Valpo with a threatening sky to the south

We hit Harry's Tavern in Valparaiso for an early lunch

Beers and fried foods were enjoyed by all! Next time were gettin' the spicy battered pickle spears and funnel cake fries.

We hit plenty of sweet dirt today including this stretch on Ashland Road

Back to town this way

Last dirt of the day on NW 12th

I passed on the local mountain bike race this weekend and decided to chill and get some fun miles in. Just not feelin' it right now with the whole racing for a short period of time deal. There will be plenty of time for that in the Fall with cyclocross. Now it's time to just relax and enjoy riding my bike with friends. Really wish I was up in Wisco this weekend for the Trans Wisconsin. Hopefully that'll happen next year.

6 comments:

Aaron G said...

Dude i saw your name on the start list for Ponca so I didn't call ya to ride. Then you stay around and don't race or don't call. So sad I am. Just kidding I got a slow 50 in today. Later.

sbig said...

I am deficient on vitamin G. Bacon ride tomorrow? Getting back in town tonight.

Cornbread said...

Aaron, we should ride tomorrow.

Scott, the gravel is awesome right now. BTW, no Bacon Ride tomorrow. I'm helping with the Cornhusker State Games Triathlon. I plan on riding with Troy around 10 or 11. Probably roll out of D Street. Give me a holla if you wanna go.

mw said...

i rode home in a spirited manner. i was surprised it hadn't rained anywhere on the way back into town. took 40th, skipped the b roads. headphones blaring.

Malcolm said...

Love riding with you guys, keep my in the loop as far as the next round, I wonder what the rain has done to the gravel...

NNs said...

whats up with the roger? thought your legs had cashed that frame out too.