Friday, May 28, 2010

Trans Wisconsin! - Big fat maybe

So after chatting with Joe at the Almanzo 100, I'm thinking that the Colorado Trail Race probably isn't gonna happen this year. I'm just not ready for it. Normally I just decide to do a race and throw things together at the last minute. I'm such a procrastinator. That method won't work for something like the CTR. This is very apparent after reading Jeff's blog and seeing how prepared he is for the event. I haven't even bought the gear I need.

So as an alternative I've been putting some serious consideration into trying the Trans Wisconsin next month. Besides, I probably can't get killed in Wisconsin, right? There aren't any bears, mountain lions or 14,000 foot mountains in Wisco.

5 comments:

J Meiser said...

Yes!

bminks said...

dude since I have been living up here I have been riding waterton canyon a bit.6 miles to the start of the colorado trail. Then it switch backs up a couple thousand feet to a place called lenny's rest. At that point you can continue down the colorado trail some 400 odd miles or take a left and make a loup back to waterton canyon. I have read quite a bit about through hiking the trail but didnt realize that they hold a bike race up there. That would be something to take your time preparing for.
good luck in wisco...

Thew said...

Sounds rad. Do it.

NaugaBike said...

Two out of three -- there are bears in Wisconsin - northern part of the state.

Neve_r_est said...

Let me know what you decide to to. Sounds like we're on the same path. I've got the return shuttle worked out. More the merrier.