Friday, January 01, 2010

Hello, 2010.

Ski!

Wilderness Park is in great shape for the XC skis. Today we had a posse. Troy, Matt T., Matt G., Matt Wills, John V., Coach, Jay, Paul, and Darin. Am I forgetting anyone? More of the same tomorrow. 10 AM at the Old Cheney parking lot.

Bike, ski, bike....Matt Wills

It's gonna be a ski winter. So riding to the ski spot may be the only riding we do for a while. Still, I'm all about driving there. Maybe a snowy gravel ride for Saturday or Sunday...

Cold commute to work

Haven't ridden much at all this month. Probably less than 300 miles. On a positive note, ended the year just a bit below 12,000 miles. I'd love to hit 15,000 next year, but I'd probably need to quit my job in order to get it done and that's not gonna happen unless I hit the Powerball.

I remember reading something about Floyd Landis trying to get to 25,000 in a year. That's a lot of miles. Well, kinda.

Frickin' animal

A lot of miles would be what Tommy Godwin did in 1939. 75,000 miles to be exact. Basically 200 miles a day. Or as Jim Fobben said, "A Dirty Kanza a day". Yeah, that'd be tough. Well, that wasn't enough. He continued on and finished out 100,000 miles in 1940. Damn. Knowing what he did will definitely help me HTFU during those long gravel grinders when I wanna pull the plug.

Preparing for the Apocalypse

You can never have enough peanut butter. Though I haven't had Peter Pan peanut butter in quite some time. This 6 pounder will probably last me 6 months.

Troy's first Lincoln ski experience

Troy picked up some skis and has been doing awesome. He's already as fast as I am and I'm sure will be tearing it up very soon. Congrats!

8 comments:

t-nuts said...

your to kind! got a ways to go to keep up with ya. a lot of fun today skiing with you & the gang. looking forward to hitting it again tomorrow...

TK

mw said...

great fun.
destroyed a pole.
need to find a new pair

mw said...

i think me a butch will head out earlier tomorrow. any takers?

mw said...

neg 7 when we start skiing. holy crap.

mw said...

oh yeah, by the way, i greatly enjoy the bike ski bike. nice warm up and cool down. the only difficult thing is keeping your hands warm when getting the skis on and off the bike.

Steve Fuller said...

Damn. 12 THOUSAND miles? At least I now know the gap between finishing and finishing well. That, and about 15 years...

Happy 2010 Corey. :)

MG said...

it was a good year, cornbread. you were strong... 12,000 miles is the reason! i know i certainly didn't log nearly that many miles. if i broke 10k, i'd be surprised.

congratulations on an awesome season. i'm looking forward to an even better 2010 as your your teammate once again. it's going to be a fun season...

cheers,
mg

sda said...

In '98 I got in close to 15,000. A winter in Austin w/ 450 avg per week all winter went a long way towards that. At the end of that season I weighed 130 and had legs like tree trunks.