Saturday, December 19, 2009

The snow is still great for XC skiing! I'm sorry bicycles....

Had close to a dozen folks out at Wilderness this morning

It's the off season, right? Good, that way I don't feel bad for neglecting my bicycles and skiing a bunch. Gravel sounded really good last night and I intended to hit some gravel this afternoon, but after a 3 hour XC ski session all I feel like doing is relaxing. That sure was a great workout today. Thanks to everyone for coming out and enjoying the beautiful day.

Butch and Wills did the ole ride, ski, ride deal today

I'm still not sold on the idea of riding to the skiing spot. It sure is nice hopping in my car after skiing for 3 hours. Even though the ride to and from Wilderness would probably be a great warm up and cool down. Hmmm....

4 comments:

ButchieCantaloupe said...

SO FuN!!!! I'm worked.

Thew said...

So what's the gravel mileage equivalent of a 3-hour XC skiing session?

Cornbread said...

Yeah, I'm worked too. Let's do it again tomorrow.

Thew, I'm not sure on that one. Maybe 80 miles?

jxw said...

Look at it in terms of calories burned. According to WebMD's calorie counter a 190lb subject cycling 14-16.9 avg. mph would burn 2200Cal in 3 hrs. The same subject CC skiing for 3hrs at 4-6mph would burn 2075Cal. On the fun/not freezing your ass off scale,skiing is probably better.