Saturday, December 19, 2009

Old school Channel 10/11 Off the Beaten Path - Off Road Bicycling

Channel 10/11 Off the Beaten Path - Off Road Bicycling from Cornbread on Vimeo.



Sorry for the bad quality video. Had to take actual video of the TV to capture it. As a result, you gotta turn up the volume to hear this one. This video stars some of Lincoln's cycling legends including: Brian Kelley, Daniel Kelley, Trevor Norland, Lance Voyles, Mark Savery and Matt Gersib. This video is circa 1992 I believe. Thanks to DK for the video.

8 comments:

Thew said...

They EVEN RACE their mountain bikes? Unbelievable.

Simply unbelievable.

Cornbread said...

My favorite line is, "...and the bikes they use are even equipped with shock absorbers."

The background music is rad too.

jxw said...

That's old school cool! MG looks like such a pup. The area they are riding was super fun, and if I remember correctly, a thorn in Parks&Rec's side. Love the t-shirt look.

MOD said...

Spring of '92 or '93, pre-SNORT even. I think we were just getting it together, ordering jerseys, that kind of thing.

I love my trials up the tree move.

MG and DK were the first to have suspension. I only had my clipless pedals for about 6 months. Crazy.

t-nuts said...

I can't stop watching it. $1800 dollars...that's like a million in today's money!

My favorite is when Mod goes all Kid n Play on that tree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFSyBBglmpI

TK

MG said...

Classic... That was the fall of 1992. And yeah, we were all but wee lads. You can see how little time I actually had on a mountain bike at that time relative to guys like Voyles, Trevor and Mod when I watch that now. Funny how I was talking about "knowing what I was doing."

Perspective is priceless... That's the reminder I take away from watching that video. Those were good days, but I like where we're at today.

Man, I was only 19 years old... That means that was 18 year ago. Do you people realize that?!! Holy shit...

Thanks Corey... That's a good one.
MG

John said...

Dang! That was RAD!

mw said...

that was pretty close to the time when i made you some pancakes MG...