Wednesday, July 01, 2009

My first love in life - Baseball

North Bend Baseball Team - circa ? (probably 1930's or 1940's)

I've been laid up with a rather nasty stomach bug and haven't been able to ride much over the last week. I'm not exactly sure what the deal is, but I lost quite a bit of weight over the weekend and wasn't vertical much at all on Saturday. Needless to say, it's been a pain in the ass. Things are getting better by the day, but my Firecracker 50 plans have gotten scrapped. Oh well, next year.

Since I haven't been able to ride much, I've been watching a lot of baseball. HDTV is addicting. Especially sports on Hi Def. After dinner on most nights of the week I find myself settling into a ball game. It's a great way to relax.

I gave up on baseball in the late 90's. The player strikes and the canceled World Series coupled with the obvious steroid abuse was too much. Hopefully the game is cleaning up as well as wising up.

3 comments:

Mike J said...

I haven't watched much baseball for a while either. I love the games within the game though.

mw said...

i would say, 'i don't like baseball.'

and my friend gary would say, 'you don't understand baseball.'

where's the ponca slide show...please!!!

NNs said...

yeah, i agree. sports overrun with drug use suck. hey, anyone watch stage one? exciting stuff.