Friday, May 29, 2009

I'm off for Dirty Kanza!


Forecast is for near record high temps around 90 degrees. It's gonna be a cooker. Heat is my nemesis. Always has been since suffering from heat exhaustion after a race at Ponca back in 2001. I'm hoping for a rogue storm or at least some cloud cover. Being out on exposed gravel all day in that kind of heat will wear on ya. Anyone know of a rain dance?

Wind forecast is good news with 10 to 20 out of the West. Yay!

Race report to follow the event....

4 comments:

millhouse said...

You're going to kill it man. Good luck!

NNs said...

good luck brother

CJ said...

Give'em hell Cornbread!!!

Ben said...

Man oh man I wish I was there with you. Give it your best, Corey! And write epic tales for others to live vicariously through.

Speaking of, it's about 5pm now, knowing you, you're about to bring it on home. Dang.. can't imagine how awesome that is.