Thursday, April 30, 2009

Off for Iowa

Bike setup: Jandd Wedge II saddle bag, Epic Research Mountain Feed bag (on the handlebar), Jandd handlebar bag (front), three 22 ounce bottles on the bike, 3 tubes velcro strapped to the seat post

Gonna be a fun weekend to hang with friends and also go for a very long bike ride. Trans Iowa Version 5 kicks off at 4 AM on Saturday in Williamsburg, Iowa. Recent rain will make the minimum maintenance B roads interesting. High probability of muddy dirt roads.

I plan on packing light (freeze at night). Bike setup detailed above. Nothing is gonna be on my back. All the tools and gear are on the bike.

I'm hoping the knee holds up. Still having a lot of trouble since the crash at Ouachita. I just plan on trying to get to the next checkpoint and reassess the knee. If all is well, I'll continue on. No sense ruining the rest of my year by permanently screwing up my knee. Well, I say that now, but historically I'm a horrible patient.

Haven't ridden much at all this month so I'm excited for the Iowa gravel!

7 comments:

eDLoNNiE said...

Good luck, Cornbread!

millhouse said...

Good luck man.

t-nuts said...

Have a great time! I'll be checking in on TI Radio.

Steve Fuller said...

Good luck this weekend Cornbread. See you this afternoon.

Paul said...

See ya soon! Good luck.

cvo said...

good luck dude, don't screw up that knee.

due to swine flu, looks like I'll be back a little sooner than I was planning, Don't wana see you all damagaed up dude, need to get some miles in with you

CJ said...

Good luck C-bread!!!!

Have a great time. I look forward to seeing the pics.