Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Killing you softly


Bad news for all drinkers out there. A recent study conducted by our cousins across the Atlantic has linked alcohol consumption with cancer later in life. This even includes "casual drinkers" (one to two drinks per day). New research indicates even one drink per day significantly increases the risk of cancer in women. Any alcohol (beer, spirits, and wine) was associated with the increased risk of cancer.

How about the cardiovascular benefits of alcohol? Heart disease is the number one killer of Americans, but since cancer is a killer in my family...I'll abstain from a daily drink for now.

Cheers!

Buzz Killington

4 comments:

Ben said...

Ouch, read this right after finishing a sixer-o-newcastle binge tonight. Yikes.

cvo said...

fuck it,

give me a beer.

mr. f. g. superman said...

certainly, for tomorrow may bring the grill of a bus. screw this longevity thing, we all gotta die sometime, might as well enjoy the ride. i would wager that riding a bike probably encourages higher risks of death and or injury, yet they'll have to pull my pedals from my cold dead feet.

Cornbread said...

I hear ya. Moderation is the key.

Besides, I'm more worried about a huge comet hitting Earth or the Sun going supernova.