Saturday, January 03, 2009

Farewell 2008...hello '09



2008 was another great year for myself and my bikes. We went all over Eastern Nebraska, Northeastern Iowa, central Kansas, and Crested Butte. After tracking my mileage for the first time ever, I managed to get just a hair under 10k miles in for the year. That's not bad, but I remember reading in Landis' book that he once tallied close to 25k miles one year. That's about 70 miles a day on average. That'd be a full time job for most of us. Good thing he's a pro.

The body needed a break around the beginning of November. Recover and recharge. Regain the passion. I'm happy to report mission accomplished!

I'm very excited about 2009 and look forward to the Ouachita Challenge, Trans Iowa, Dirty Kanza, the local PsycowPath series, the Platte River Marathon, Laramie Enduro, Dakota Five-O, The Good Life Gravel Adventure and other PCL events, the local 12 Hour race put on by Jim Craig and company, Crested Butte vacation, Ponca Ride, Sunday morning Bacon Rides, possibly Leadville (may sit this year out in order to go back to Crested Butte), and a few other events that are on the radar for '09.

Kris and the rest of the Cycle Works crew has graciously supplied me with a beautiful cross bike to travel the gravel roads of Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and whereever else I may venture in 2009. Thanks again!

Saturday morning rides leaving D Street have begun! Hope to see you early on Saturdays! 8 AM from the D Street Hotel.

7 comments:

mw said...

you crushed 08.

EB said...

I want me some golden Cornbread
Nebraska crew is gonna bash some skulls in 09

Cornbread said...

Word!

mw said...

game on for tomorrow?
snowy gravel?

Steve Fuller said...

Gotta be something in the water over there in NE. You all have some really strong riders in that area. Maybe it's just more noticeable because they all blog. :) Look forward to see you and the rest of the Nebraska wrecking crew around this year.

Chris Locke said...

Put the Bone Bender 3/6 Hour MTB Odyssey on your calendar. Great training for Ouachita and Trans Iowa...http://bonebender.blogspot.com

Cornbread said...

Steve, we'll see you at TI and Kanza!

Chris, thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely keep that on the radar for '09.