Monday, January 26, 2009

"The bike house"


A friend was telling me that the neighborhood kids refer to the D Street Hotel as 'the bike house". Most folks in the neighborhood know us as the bikers. Kinda hard for folks not to notice when anywhere from 5 to 20 cyclists show up on any given weekend morning.

We enjoy the rep. One of the perks are the bikes left in our yard in the wee hours of the morning. This is the second bike in two months. Sure, it's Roadmaster missing a front wheel, but it's perfect material for my tall bike project. Tall bikes will be the new fixie. Mark my words.

5 comments:

Christie Ann said...

You said it first. Tall bikes are sure to be the new fixie...Just a few reside in the Brew City. I'll try to snag a few pics next time I roll by.

I want one.

EXPO Racing said...

AHHHHHHHHH. Trixie was signed in to Ga Mail. Call me Christie Ann :)

Cornbread said...

Looks like you just earned a new nickname. :)

ButchieCantaloupe said...

I think that is pretty cool that the kids have designated the D-Street as the local bike house.

So you are going to build a double-decker fixie?

Now that's the new black.

EB said...

I get the same stuff here in Omaha, The house on
Paper St. (er 35th St.)
Skip is rubbing off on me with all that Fight Club Propaganda.