Thursday, December 04, 2008

So who commuted this week?



I managed to get 9.95 miles into my ten mile commute on Wednesday morning before going down on the ice. A 40 mph gust of wind hit me and sent me tumblin'. Wasn't a really bad crash since I slid on the ice for ten feet. Unfortunately, I landed on my left side again. It's still healing from my cross dismounting mishap a couple of months ago.

If you're out there riding to work, school, the bars, or whatever, please be careful. Remember...safety first! Wear a helmet and use those blinky lights. Keep the weight off the front and brake well in advance to turns and stops. Hope to see you out there on the trails.

13 comments:

SquidBuzz said...

No kidding I will have to get miles in.

Hope things are well with you.

EXPO Racing said...

And...

Stay upright in the turns.

Be lit like a Christmas tree.

Smile.

Ben said...

Ouch, man, going down on the ice is never good. I've not gone down yet this year - big emphasis on yet. BIG emphasis.

Also I've made it every day this week, but partials on tuesday and wednesday, as I started to come down with a head cold that left shortly after arrival. I was kinda bummed that I missed out on most of the snow commutin', but I'm sure there will be more.

Glad to hear you are healin' up, and still pedaling!!

gravy said...

Are we meeting at Yia Yia's to reward ourselves this winter?

Oliver said...

I rode a few days this week but will be commuting full time from here on out. I got my ice related crash out of the way last night when I tried taking a short cut behind the Alamo and ran across a large patch of ice. My left hip is a bit sore today.

Good times, even when crashing is involved.

MOD said...

Two words...Studded Tires!!!

ButchieCantaloupe said...

they're better than bruised hips or broken bones that's for sure!

cvo said...

rubber side down buddy, rubber side down

scott showen said...

did you happen to crash when you took your hand off the bar to take this pic?

mw said...

safety first.

sockrider said...

I'm still riding. -24 windchill this morning. ...a lil chilly. Saw one guy riding with no head or face protection. That guy had to be hating it. I actually starting sweating on the way in.

NNs said...

i assume you fell in the parking lot of your workplace. dont you always fall there?

Marc said...

Mod,

Two words "studded balls". Yep pierce ur nuts if ur a snow ridin man