Sunday, October 19, 2008

Wagon Train



An old familiar friend

A small group of us headed out to Wagon Train on Saturday. I haven't ridden out there in quite some time. Jim Craig and company, with the cooperation of Nebraska Parks and Rec, have been cutting new trails and grooming current ones. Kudos to Jim and company! Keep up the great work and let me know if you would like any help.

I'm very excited to check out the new sections. Unfortunately, it was a bit muddy on Saturday morning so we jumped out early. Probably prudent after seeing all the pickup trucks with guys wearing hunter orange. Hunting is permitted in the park and I'm sure there a several eager hunters waiting to bag a big one. I spotted a deer stand right next to the trail in one location.

If you're riding out there this time of year, be sure to wear some bright clothing and ride with a buddy.

1 comment:

scott showen said...

I've never been out there. i should try it some time.