Monday, July 02, 2007

Ultra Weekend

Wow, what a weekend of fun events.

Friday fun was had by all at Yia Yia's for the Summer Commuting Challenge pay out. Thanks Regina! Good buddy Jeff also celebrated his 32nd Birthday at Yia Yia's on Friday. GB Nate also turned 32 this week. You guys are old. Happy Birthday fellas!

Seems like Yia Yia's is the place to be on Friday night. It was a passive takeover by the local fat tire cycling community.





Saturday morning ride thru the park followed by three and a half hours of grill assembly.

Duffy's Saturday night for the Ideal Cleaner's show (frickin' wicked awesome). If you haven't seen these guys live, you should. I was blown away and I only saw the last three songs.

Sunday travel to Swanson for the Metro Series. Very proud of Amy, Steph and Jackie. Second races for Amy and Steph and first for Jackie. Stellar! Got the new grill working on Sunday after the race. It didn't explode. Burgers and brats.

Whew. Glad I'm on vacation for another three days. I'm too tuckered out to go to work. Suckas!

13 comments:

3p0 said...

good times buddy, good times.

bummed I missed all the shinnannigans here...

Jake said...

apparently i didn't get my BB tight enough -- even though i turned that bitch until it wouldn't turn anymore. with that said, i probably won't be joining the ride tomorrow night unless my tools arrive in the mail tomorrow. SUCK!!!

VeloCC said...

Good job Chicas!!!!

Beerorkid said...

it looks as if Nate is riding a horse.

That dude can ride anything.

Jake said...

i thought the same thing, beerorkid.

Carp said...

Ideal Cleaners are sweet. I saw them right before I left town and thought they were sweet. I think my favorite song is "To the Moon".

obanta said...

Swanson was fun. Great event for my first MTB race, thanks for letting me know about it Corey.

My question is, do you hard core types consider it flat with nice rolling hills? I recall that's what the review said and if that's the case, I'm afraid to try what you guys would consider hilly. Maybe if I had swapped the rear to an 18 tooth from my 16 it would have been better.

VeloCC said...

I wouldn't call Swanson flat, even though, it's one of the flatter courses we have:)

T-bone said...

Good racing with ya Cornbread. The start was fun and fast.

len said...

i like how you put a cornbread recipe at the top, but where are the jalepenos?

Cornbread said...

Ideal Cleaners are fun to see live. I was stoked on Saturday night. I'm really glad I went. Carp, you need to come down to Lincoln for a show.

Oly, awesome race on Sunday. Swanson is flat, but not as flat as Manawa. Manawa has absolutely no elevation, but it's tight and very technical. You should go and race SS. Nate and I rode 34 x 16 there and were fine.

T-bone, that was a lot of fun. I remember something pushing my ankle at the start of the race. I looked down and it was your shoulder. Ha!

What up Len! Yeah, jalepenos with cornbread rock. In fact, you could even call it stellar.

Carp said...

When is the next Ideal Cleaners show?

Cornbread said...

Looks like July 28th. Unfortunately I'll be out of town.