Friday, July 06, 2007

Laramie Enduro - Who wants to go?

Signed up for the Laramie Enduro today. Missed the race last year because Nine Mile (24 Hour Nationals) was the same weekend. Gave support to Skip for the 24 Hour Nationals last year and had a blast. Kinda bummed to be missing it this year, but Laramie should be the perfect prep race for Leadville.

The race is all above 7500 feet and peaks around 10000. The terrain is very diverse contains a mixture of steep jeep trails/gravel roads, tight flowing single track, and one helluva rocky ascent to Headquarters. A couple of years ago I wanted to lay down and take a nap after that climb. Probably had a lot to do with the elevation, but the NyQuil gel caps given to me at the last aid station didn't help. Who hands out NyQuil gel caps during a race? She meant well, but come on. Read the box.

6 comments:

Jake said...

oh god, that'd be sweeeeet. too bad i have to work that whole weekend w/ no hopes of getting it off.

VeloCC said...

Very tempting...
I wonder if I could ride it!?!

obanta said...

I'm interested. That's the weekend my wife and kids will be out of town visiting family and a few days before my 30th birthday. Email me this week if you wouldn't mind me tagging along and we can discuss details.

Chris said...

Wow, looks really cool. Maybe next year. Not in the cards this year.

Carp said...

I got a free entry into the Laramie Enduro this year but I'm coming back for Soto's wedding instead. Corey, remember when I ran into you during the Laramie Enduro that one year and then we parted ways later? I think you dropped me, or something, I don't remember. Riding a SS sucks in that race because your spinning on flat gravel roads and that is LAME!!! And it was hot. That race has kicked my arse both times I've done it. Dakota Five-Oh. Coming Labor Day weekend.

Cornbread said...

Yep, I remember riding with you for a quite a while. Thought you were insane for riding SS. I remember you saying you were doing it cuz you didn't want to hear Len give you shit. :) I'd love to see you out there again this year.

Dakota Five-Oh! Yeah, I guess I better register for that. I'm getting excited.