Friday, July 06, 2007

I love road bikes

Finally busted out the road bike this week. Went out for 40 on Monday, another 40 or so on Tuesday and around a century on the Fourth of July with Sox and Wills. Rode it to work today so got an even 200 for the week.

I forgot how smooth and graceful road bikes ride. Also forgot how much I love that bike. Probably should since it's worth more than anything else I own.

Seems like I get the urge to hop on the Crown Jewel around the beginning of July. Probably has something to do with the Tour. Last year was relegated to the road bike due to a broken hand. Maybe some bad memories kept me off it until now.

The only bummer about road bikes is the traffic. Dealt with an asshole on the Fourth of July. He went speedin' by and honked and swerved at us. I quickly flipped him off and he returned the favor. I motioned for him to stop and come back for a friendly discussion, but he declined. Pussy.

4 comments:

VeloCC said...

I almost ran a cyclist over on my Blur on the 3rd in Omaha. An asshole on a comfortbike with an orange vest, just turned in front of me WITHOUT any signal. I would have hit him right on....

VeloCC said...

Nice bike Cory:) I love road biking as well. Feels good to just roll every once in a while...

T-bone said...

Was that ahole driving a green Honda Accord wagon. I hear that guy hates rodies.

Carp said...

Road bikes are cool.