Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Summer Commuting Challenger - Butch



Name: Butch

Distance of daily commute: 2 miles there-2 miles back

Average commuting miles per week: ? work plus around town...25miles?

Estimation of gas saved per week (yes, this involves math.): 1 gallon?

Primary commuting bike: Surly Cross-Check

An interesting story about the commute:

1.) I ride by the same house most days and there is usually a man that sits on his porch and is chilling in the morning when i ride by i wave. In the evening if i choose to take the same path home he is usually on the porch hanging out and i wave again. Never met the man, but he always waves back or says hello. It puts a smile on my face and is part of my ride to work and my ride home.

2.) When we bought our house a major factor was it's location to the bicycle trail.

3.) My favorite people to help at CycleWorks are the people that are using their bicycle for their transportation. There usually very interesting people and come from all walks of life.


Cycling aspirations:

I would like to arrange a brevet from Lincoln to Valentine and form a Randoneering Club. Wool jerseys and patches and even some funny caps. Let me know if anyone is interested...andLive life, have fun, and ride my bike.

7 comments:

-jb said...

had to drive one morning last week.

i was out of town all weekend, so if you wanna get paid, be at the tnmwr tonight.

sydney_b said...

u know, i've always thot a radoneering club would be fun

Beerorkid said...

that beer ruled and was sooooo needed last night. Thanks JB Feel free to drive again sometime ;)

Man hardly anyone returns my waves I send out. Consider yourself lucky.

eDLoNNiE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eDLoNNiE said...

I'd be very interested in starting a local randonneuring club! I rode a 300k from Fremont to Meadow Grove in May. I've also ordered 2 sets of custom wool jerseys from Chad @ Portland cyclewear (beer=patience) (CiTy BiLLy cycle)

MG said...

brevet... what the HELL is a brevet?! you need to speak 'mercan dammit!

MG said...

btw - i was joking in my comments above. don't mean to offend anyone with my redneck act.