Thursday, June 21, 2007

Should I shave my legs? Yay or nah?

Last time I shaved my legs a friend said to me, "I thought your legs were tan, but in fact, they're just hairy." Yep. Sure are.

Pro's of shaving:

1. Fewer ticks
2. Keeps me cooler (and looks cool, right?)
3. Wounds heal quicker and less likely to get infected
4. Aerodynamics....pfffttt, yeah whatever.
5. Can show off that sweet chemical burn

What else am I missing?

Con's of shaving:

1. Time, lots of time (I'm 6'5" and have long arss legs)
2. Increased risk of sun burn and skin cancer
3. Clog up the drain with hair
4. Probably cut myself and bleed to death
5. Can show off that sweet chemical burn

Anything else?

Majority wins. Vote now.

11 comments:

Endurosnob said...

I say shave one leg only for a week, maybe two. Call it a test ride. Then, select your choice.

And make sure to take lots of pics.

Emily said...

shave 'em, hairy legs are gross.

sydney_b said...

Shave one and leave the other. 1/2 the maintenance, twice the conversation.

Cornbread said...

Awesome idea Skip and Syd! One leg it is!

Em, don't be hatin' on us hairy folk. :)

naugabike said...

Nah -- don't shave one. The drag will make you ride in circles. And you don't want to be known as a wheel.

scott showen said...

con--- regular girls(non-cyclists) think its gay.

Neve_r_est said...

Who wants a regular girl?

DG

monkeygirl said...

go ahead shave'em, if you hate it don't keep shaving.

gwadzilla said...

shave em

zekesbiken said...

Get to shaving.

Cornbread said...

Done shaved 'em. Used some clippers some they still look ghetto with a lot of rogue hairs. Feels great.