Sunday, June 17, 2007

I wish I could have seen my face when....

The hose from the parts wash machine at CycleWorks came disconnected and sent a blast of arsenic laden solvent onto my crotch. Butch was chattin' with me when it happened. I was lookin' at him when it all went down.

Butch: Dude!
Me: WTF?!
Butch: Well, turn it off!
Me: Huh? WTF?

By the time I realized what was going on, my shorts were completely soaked and my legs were covered. Butch advised I go home and shower, but I decided to wash my shorts and clean up in the restroom sink. I did a decent job of cleansing myself and my clothing, but neglected to take off my socks. The solvent that got into my socks ended up burning me.

Wonder how long a chemical burn will last? Well, I guess I'll find out.

8 comments:

NNs said...

Its like not holding your weiner when your're peeing. THat happened to me once (the parts wash not the weiner thing). I think I was on lunch break though and had to return with that lovely smell about me. Great eh? Hows life yo. Later

NNs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MG said...

DUDE! That's crazy... I guess that stuff really is bad for you.

Hey, nice ridin' this weekend Cornbread.

Cheers,
MG

gjc said...

well, I guess introducing you to Kris's unmarried daughter is now out of the question.

Cornbread said...

I washed it off asap. Honest. I'm not damaged goods. :)

sydney_b said...

ouch.

sda said...

so i worked with this guy at bike line in philly who insisted that putting "safety-clean" into a squirt bottle, applying it to a drivetrain (still attached, in the stand), and then blowing if off with the air hose was a perfectly safe and acceptable practice.

"i've been doing it like this for 10 years and it ain't hurtin' me."

.........

ya.

Cornbread said...

That's some funny shit SDA.

Laramie? I'm thinkin' yeah. Need to rally some troops.