Tuesday, May 15, 2007
The Summer Commuting Challenge
Who: CVO, Skip, Showen, RockD, Steve, Wills, Butch, Bonsall and myself (maybe Jesse)
What: Commute to work or owe your challengers a 12 oz. beverage (Old Style, High Life or Budweiser, Guinness, or Busch)
When: Memorial Day to Labor Day 2007
Why: Bikes are fun and cars suck
Anyone else interested? If so, let me know. May need to limit how many join. If I actually miss a day I don't wanna buy a freakin' case of beer for the other 24 participants.
1. You must ride a bicycle to your primary occupation or forfeit a 12 oz. beverage of your opponents' choice on Friday of each week.
2. The 12 oz. beverage may be either Old Style, High Life, Budweiser, Busch or Guinness. You can choose to buy cans and give them to your opponents or buy downtown. Beer payment can be either off sale cans/bottles or beer boughten at any establishment in Lincoln, but I encourage Yia Yia's, Oso, Bricktop or O'Rourkes.
3. Kids and injuries are the only excusable reasons to drive to work. Limit 5 free passes for the duration of the event.
4. This is the honor system. Big brother is watching.
NEW RULE ADDED!
5. If you fail to ride to work you must submit a pic of your pathetic self driving to work to coreycycle @ hotmail.com The pic must clearly show the utter disgust on your face for helping kill the planet. Please be careful while taking pic. Cornbreadblog.blogspot.com is not responsible for accidents/injuries/smooshed squirrels/or legal expenses for mishaps while taking pics.