Thursday, May 10, 2007

Baby steps

Rode to work today for the first time since last Thursday. Haven't been able to ride much at all in the past week. Knees are still f'd from TI. Bums me out to drive to work when gas is greater than three bones a gallon.



Hope to not drive my truck to work at all for the next three months. I took a lot of pride in the fact that I didn't drive Soccer Mom for three months last summer.

Went to my chiropractor and massage therapist yesterday. Pelvis is back in line after a little of the ole happy crack-crack. Instantly felt 100% better. Then my massage therapist put me thru the ringer with an hour of assisted active isolated stretching. I'm very inflexible and have some scoliosis/kyphosis of the spine, so I wasn't expecting much. Well, I was wrong. After an hour, I was able to stretch further than I ever have. At one point, Heather told me to look to my right (had my eyes closed cuz it freaked me out) and I noticed my left foot next to my right ear. Insane.

The hour session was very tough. Felt like she was putting me in submission holds and at one point found myself tapping the table. No tap outs. I left there soaked in sweat and exhausted. Went home and took a nap. Highly recommend it. Hopefully the stretching along with some yoga will help loosen me up.

2 comments:

Endurosnob said...

anytime a woman has your feet by your ears, things are good.

Glad you feel better.

3p0 said...

suck it up fool...

too bad you'll be sittin at the registration table handing me hot dogs as I go through this weekend..

I'll miss chasing you around that race course..

get well soon dude, and keep stretching..