Saturday, December 02, 2006

TI V3

Those crazy Iowans have decided to do it again this year. Thanks to Guitar Ted and Mr. 24 for hosting another TransIowa. Missed the race last year after signing up and neglecting to check my calender (had a conference for work the same weekend). This year I'm planning it all out. Even gonna be sure to ask for time off work several months in advance.

So far only three Lincolnites have sent postcards in. Wills, Butchy and myself. Anyone else? CVO has offered to be our support and has also been kind enough to be a sponsor of the race. I'm sure some kind of beverage will be involved in his sponsorship.

Dunno if I can ride for 300 miles, but fuck it. I'm gonna give it a shot. If I don't make it, I'm sure I'll have a great time hangin' out with everyone. Really looking forward to this event.

The week after the TI, I'm gonna try to run the Lincoln half marathon. Jeff has convinced me to do it. It's gonna be a tough two weeks! I've got a lot of motivation for training this winter! :)

5 comments:

Endurosnob said...

shows what you know.

and you can ride 300 miles. Not a doubt about it.

3p0 said...

you should talk to my wife, she does a lot of half marathons and is always training for the next one in another state, her goal, do a 1/2 in every state...

she just got done running 12 miles friday to get ready for the 1/2 in phonix in january.

mw said...

we can just ride together for the whole 300.

BUTCH said...

That sounds nice.

Cornbread said...

Yep, that'll work.

BTW, Skip is in!!!