Saturday, September 23, 2006

Bruno, NE Century

JB, Wills, MG, PC, Coach, Jesse, Kevin and I took off for Gravel Galore at 6 am from the D Street Hotel We headed North and picked up Schlake near Malcolm. The route turned west and carried us to Bruno, NE. The hills were killer on the way out especially with the headwind.

Once in Bruno, Wills and I asked some locals for directions. Off we were again for home. Went thru Valparaiso twice where we stopped at the local grocery store and fueled up on Chocolate Milk, Take 5 candy bars, and BIG BEAR CLAWS. The rain held off and we ended up with around 100 miles. Not a bad day.



Wills even had maps! Nice work plannin' it out and seein' us thru. That was fun.

13 comments:

mw said...

that was a good ride.

-jb said...

really good. oh yeah, and good coffee too cornbread.

Cornbread said...

Thanks for going guys. Had a great time. How about more of the same sometime soon? We'll have to get Skip to come along too.

Next time I'll get off my lazy ass and make some cornbread. Mmmmm....preride cornbread and coffee.

sydney_b said...

sounds like a good time. Gotta get me something for gravel.

Cornbread said...

Syd, you should get a 29er or throw some knobbies on the Waterford. Wills, JB and I all rocked the single speed 29ers for the ride on Saturday. Felt good except on the killer hills (Bohemian Alps).

mg said...

yeah it was a super fun ride. thanks for kickin' it off with the x-strong java cornbread. i was shelled afterwards... didn't do a damn thing the whole rest of saturday.

.. that's not a bad thing though.

cheers,
mg

Endurosnob said...

If you would have used the right cell phone number, I would have gone.

Amsterdam hangover?

Cornbread said...

My short term memory probably took a big hit during my vacation. So if you wanna borrow something from me now would be the time cuz I probably forget all about it.

cominatcha said...

The mind of menzia says "do do do".

mw said...

i'll do that same mother fucking ride again...sometime...soon?

mw said...

what's up for tomorrow. butch has to be back by noon. i could stand to be back by 2pm. we could get another longee if we did the early leave time again...anyone???

Cornbread said...

Sure! When and where? We could leave D street at 6 after 5:30 am coffee and cornbread. Wills, do you have a route?

I'll probably ride my cross bike. I need to get used to it. :)

thad said...

bruno is where my mom grew up.