Saturday, September 30, 2006

Another Saturday.....another century.

JB, Gersib, Wills, Coach, Chapman, Rocke, DD, Winkleplek, Brian, and I headed out from D Street at 6 after some coffee, cornbread and cake donuts. There were several folks absent from the group that I hoped to see make it, but maybe next time. We rode in the dark for about the first 45 minutes. Just after getting out of town, near the Kawasaki plant, the sun began to rise. Ventured over to Branched Oak area #1 via gravel. I took a monster dump in the shitter. While taking the monster shit I noted some crazy satanic/wicken symbols on the back of the shitter door. I had to take a pic. Rode a lap and a half at Area #1 and picked up Schlake in the process. We also lost Brian. Sorry dude....I heard that you made it back to Lincoln safely. Good news. JB also turned around after riding the trails. Nice ridin' with ya JB.

After Branched Oak we headed West again and turned toward Seward for a little gas station recharge. We lost Winkleplek on the way and Darin turned for home after the goods in Seward. The salted nut rolls in Seward must be fortified with cocaine cuz we hammered pretty damn hard for a while. Dave was leadin' the charge with a uber pull to start it off. Well, this is where I'm really not sure where the hell we went. All I know is it was sweet. Tail wind for most. Wills and Gersib took a different route home and Dave, Chapman, Coach, Rocke, and I headed for Denton. Stopped there and took in some anti-bonk consumables. Then off for home. Well, kinda. Coach, Chapman and I decided Wilderness would be a great way to end the ride. Rocke and Dave said fuck that shit biatch! And rode for home. Wilderness was in great shape and even ran into the CRIZZUSE :) ride. Nice meetin' up with ya guys. Ended the day with around 100 miles of gravel and singletrack. PC and Coach had 100, but I ended with probably 90 to 95.

I plan on chillin' for a bit and then I might just bust out the Bontrager B29 24" cruiser and do 20 hot laps around the block to get my 100.

Thanks for ridin' again this week. Next week....same bat time/channel. Maybe....














9 comments:

mw said...

i did not have the legs (or rear end) for that pace after seward. damm. and i had to give a pee. and it was good to get home. i'll have something in the tank for tomorrow hopefully. we took A street in. it was quick. bagged 80miles. pretty good. beautiful day. thanks for being the send off host again. see you tomorrow???

DD said...

That ride was damn big,I was just hangin' on at times.
Thanks for fixing my chain at Branched Oak, KB. And thanks for starting the ride off right for us at 0530, Cornbread.
Oh, and that route was fantastic, both out and back.

Jeff Kerkove said...

Good stuff! Like the chic with the big ass gun here to my left.

mw said...

got my century today fuckers. sunday up to platte. platte to bellevue via schramm, the glass church, and the south bellevue loop trail, old town and bellevue blvd. sweet. next week with mod for the ride up on sunday again.

Cornbread said...

Damn Wills, that's badass. How ya feelin'? My legs are toast.

I wanted to go with you and Kev...even set my alarm, but when 4 am rolled around I knew I needed more rest. I got up around 9ish and rode later in the afternoon. Next week for sure, but no bacon to follow. Maybe Around the Bend Steakhouse after a later departure time.

mw said...

maybe...i know mod is up for the ride from platte to omaha with me next week. i'll probably shoot for the big miles again. breakfast is always good. the horses are still going next week so we have to do the early thing again.

as far as the early saturday goes...lets do it again!

Cornbread said...

Wills, you're a stud. I hope my legs can recover by Saturday.

mw said...

man, i was hopelessly outnumbered by the gearies. i'll have to fix that. i hate to admit that it matters but there are times it does. i didn't have much power tho and we had the power train going.

Cornbread said...

Yeah, I'm sure glad I had my cross bike. :)