Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Stir Crazy!


Just found out I can't ride or "be active" for another 4 weeks. :( I can't believe how much I miss being able to ride a bike. It's been 11 days since I've even sat on a bike. This is the longest I haven't riden in 10 years. Unfortunately, this is my favorite time of the year to ride. I'm hoping to make an amazing recovery in the next week so I can salvage a bit of fall riding. Then maybe I'll stop whining about being laid up. The good news is....I'm lucky. Things could be much worse. We take a lot of things for granted in life, for example, our health. My recent woes have reminded me of that fact. I hope everyone reading this can appreciate their health and consider the consciences of their lifestyle. You won't be young forever and things will catch up to you. Stop and think about the things you really love.

6 comments:

Tony T said...

Hang in there buddy. I rode my bike this last weekend for the first time in almost a month. I'm so out of shape.

Sounds like you've got a good attitude about the whole thing. Now if the doctors said you couldn't ever have sex again, now that'd be worth getting upset over.

BUTCH said...

i hope that you gett better soon. I don't want to see a tall pot bellied cornbread when i get back into lincoln.

3p0 said...

dude that sucks.

sucks sucks sucks.

if there is anything I can do, let me know.

rockd said...

You kind of get use to not riding after a while, well that's a lie but i helps if you think that way. At least I could still walk, but you probably shouldn't do that either.

Here's the advice everybody who doesn't ride gave me, "just take this time, let your body heal and you will be back on the bike in no time"

Here's the advice from somebody who loves and lives to ride. Do the smart things that will make this condition improve and go away, and sneak in a ride around the block once a week!

Cornbread said...

Good advice! Thanks!

BUTCH said...

Yeah!! thats what i did when i broke my clavical. Sneak in the rides, but don't hit bumps with broken bones cuz it really hurts.